07 Aug Medical Office/Insurance Coordinator Support (Part-Time)
Busy medical practice has a part-time medical office position available (20-25 hours a week). Duties will include providing administrative support to the insurance coordinator. Applicants must be responsible, punctual, self-motivated and possess the ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience in a medical office setting and possess demonstrated knowledge related to authorizations and insurance filing.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures, including maintaining patient confidentiality
- Assists patients and maintains strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data.
- Files primary and secondary insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Prepares and mails letters for outstanding insurance claims including any necessary communication with patients regarding claims.
- Follow-up on all unpaid insurance claims including completely working delinquent claims report monthly.